[RTTY] VP8GEO rig/drifting freq.

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] VP8GEO rig/drifting freq.
From: w6otc@garlic.com (W6OTC)
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 03:20:55 +0000
Someone asked about the rigs being used on this DXpedition.  I believe they
are all TS-50S, running barefoot, except for 1 or 2 solid state, low power
amps.  Everything is lightweight, including 500 watt generators that can
each be carried by one person.  As you know, all antennas are verticals.  On
RTTY, Trey is using a laptop with WF1B/RITTY logging/TNC software.

As did some others tonight, I noticed that Trey's RTTY signal on 15m kept
moving around, +/- 15 hz it seemed to me.  This may be a radio-specific
problem.  I did not have good enough copy here on the west coast to engage
in a conversation, but those of you on the east coast might want to mention
this to Trey the next time you hear him.  His normal pattern is to work some
RTTY every day so you are likely to hear him again on RTTY tomorrow and
subsequently on 15m or 20m.

Glenn, W6OTC