[RTTY] GU0SUP SOABLP WPX

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] GU0SUP SOABLP WPX
From: Phil Cooper" <pcooper@guernsey.net (Phil Cooper)
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 21:53:44 -0000
Hi gang!

Well, that was great! Had an absolute ball here, and enjoyed this contest
more than I could imagine.
Conditions seemed very good generally, and the higher bands were open quite
late here.
Out of the 430 QSO's I made, I think I had about 375 actual mults, so not a
bad chase.

Highlights were working a few all-time new ones: 5U8B, JA6WFM/HR3 and
K8YU/KH2.
Also had some nice band-fills, namely AH6OZ and ZF2QS (tks Doug) on 15, and
KH6ND on 10.
Managed to bag T88XF as well on 20m, but not a new one for me this time.

Some very bad sportsmanship seen at times, though, and an abundance of
people not sending callsigns with their report, which on several occasions
led to my call being logged by someone else!

So, here is what me and Writelog managed:

Band      QSOs      QSO points     Prefixes
80m:         0             0                        0
40m:       40             164                   32
20m:      108            240                   60
15m:      112             267                  105
10m:      170             453                  150
Totals:  430           1124                  347
Claimed score: 390028
Station Description: WL 10.30b
Antenna:    1/2 size G5RV with about 60 watts

I also enjoyed working some of the W6/7's and also the VE6/7's that I don't
normally get to hear from this location. Raj had a booming signal on 10 and
on 15, so I worked him twice for the heck of it! Also nice to finally work
VE7CF! Thanks for the comment!
Great stuff! Thanks to all who copied GU0SUP, it was great fun.

Very best 73 to all,
Phil GU0SUP