[RTTY] KY4AA SOSBLP

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] KY4AA SOSBLP
From: k4ww@home.com (Shelby Summerville)
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 19:31:24 -0500
More of an experiment than a serious effort. I was curious if I could hold a
frequency below 21100 KHz using low power, and curious as to how many
stations actually operated or looked above 21100. I could not hold any
frequency below 21100 until after 2000Z, and even then High Power stations
seemed to be drawn within 20-30 KHz of that frequency, necessitating a move!
Suppose I'm going to have to learn the secret that allows other low power
stations to maintain their frequency? Approximently 95% of my contacts were
made calling CQ, which leads me to believe that many stations either are
calling, or at least checking above 21100. I found stations as high as
21135. 5U8B was calling on 21087 and listening 21135-21140. As I tuned the
band, about 10 minutes per hour, I was amazed that the number of US stations
that had the same signal strength below 21100 as they did above? I had some
fun, watched some basketball and NASCAR, so all is well. Thanks to all for
the contacts and to those that spend many hours to make the contest
available. If you aren't a plaque sponsor, now would be a good time to
start, and if you are, don't forget to send the check to W6OTC!
C'Ya, Shelby - K4WW

                     CQ/RJ RTTY WPX Contest

Call: KY4AA
Operator(s): K4WW
Station: K4WW

Class: SOSB/15 LP
QTH: KY
Operating Time (hrs): 18

   80:      0       0
   40:      0       0
   20:      0       0
   15:    510    1262
   10:      0       0
Total:    510    1262       329  =  415,198

Club: Kentucky Contest Group