[RTTY] NW0L SOABLP Semi-Effort

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] NW0L SOABLP Semi-Effort
From: martyt@pobox.com (Marty Tippin)
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 20:10:10 -0600
Was planning to do the whole 30 hours from home, but somewhere about 4
hours into the contest, it dawned on me that there were a hundred things
I'd rather do than mess around in a RTTY contest. So I did.

Managed to go buy a basement full of new furniture, install a backup sump
pump system, rewire the home entertainment system so all wires are in the
walls, run a new phone outlet, pack several boxes for shipping after eBay
sales, and carry all the furniture out of my computer room in anticipation
of the carpet layers coming on Tuesday (all of this precipitated
(literally) by a basement flood last week during the Kansas City ice storm
and resulting power outage...)

I think I got spoiled on the 75+ QSOs/hr I had in the RTTY Roundup from
PJ2T last month - something about running a single radio and a tribander up
40 ft in the middle of the USA just doesn't result in the same rate... So I
just couldn't stay interested enough in this contest to stick with it for
30 hours.

Anyway, here's 5 hours worth of effort on my part:

NW0L
SOAB
Low Power

     QSO   Pts   Pref