[RTTY] KE4KWE SOABLP WPX

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] KE4KWE SOABLP WPX
From: w7ti@dslextreme.com (Bill Turner)
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 08:51:19 -0800
On Mon, 11 Feb 2002 15:06:06 -0000, Mobile Workshop wrote:

>As Don has mentioned in the past, we need to educate some of these guys, but
>I am not sure it is too practical in the midst of battle. It also doesn't
>take into account the fact that there may be a problem with language either.
>Anyone got any good ideas??

I don't know how good these ideas are, but there are three things I do
to combat what you're talking about:

1.  I never begin the exchange until I see my call print correctly.  I
will accept my call with wrong shift characters (2U58 in place of W7TI),
but if I don't see that, I just keep sending my call until he gets it.

2.  I have a buffer, Shift-F5, which says CALL CALL AGN PSE.

3.  And another buffer, Shift-F3 which says MY CALL IS W7TI W7TI W7TI
BK.

Not a complete answer I'm sure, but I'm open to further suggestions.

73, Bill W7TI