[RTTY] 7S5ARA WPX SOHP Score

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] 7S5ARA WPX SOHP Score
From: jan.palmquist@mailbox.swipnet.se (Jan Palmquist)
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 18:12:10 +0200
Call used: 7S5ARA
Location:  Sweden
Operator: SM5FUG

Entry Class: Single Op, All Band, High power

Band    QSOs   Pts  Mults
80       129   516      - Delta loop
40       146   614      - Multiband vertical
20       237   555      - KT-34A
15       300   752      - KT-34A
10       300   799      - KT-34A
-----   ----  ----  ----
Total   1112  3236   453

Most frequently worked prefix: IK2 - 14 QSO's

Claimed Score: 1465908

Equipment:
Radio:    Kenwood TS-850S + PA
Power:    500 Watts output
Computer: Pentium 83 MHz
Software: RTTY by WF1B  v5.02
Demodulator: AEA PK-232MBX
2nd decoder: RiTTY on another PC on the same audio

Comments:
I borrowed this anniversary call for the weekend to make
me more attractive. It will never be used again in a RTTY
contest as it is time limited and will expire soon. QSL
cards may be sent to SK5PZ via bureau or call book address.

I had to use my old PK-232 as main decoder as I have no license
for 7S5ARA for RiTTY. I noticed that RiTTY is much better than
my unmodified PK232, so I will be back on RiTTY with my own call
next contest.

Using a new uncommon call sign causes confusion among many
contesters, they don't belive what they see on screen so
I had to repeat the call more often than I use to do. There
was also more breakers than normal, I was so far I know
the only 7S5 active in the contest.

Activity was very good and I had lots of fun. Condx was good on
Saturday, Aurora wiped out all bands except 80 for a while
during Saturday evening but bands recovered later in the night
and Sunday condx was pretty good too.

Thanks you all for the QSOs and see you in BARTG.

73's de Jan/7S5ARA (SM5FUG)