[RTTY] H40T

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] H40T
From: jjreisert@alum.mit.edu (Jim Reisert AD1C)
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 22:36:07 -0500
At 06:56 PM 2/17/2002 -0600, Don Hill AA5AU wrote:

>H40T is on 28083 (or about) working split up.  Their transmit frequency
>keeps changing a little bit like they are hitting the VFO by accident.

Oh no, not again!  They had this problem Friday a.m. on 17m RTTY.  I think
the are using a fixed Rx/Tx shift, so the Tx moves by the same amount when
they tune in a new caller "up".  They came back to me but I didn't realize
it until too late, and we never made contact.  Same happened to W1JR a few
minutes later.  I wish the could figure this out!  The VP8 guys seemed to
have the same problem at times.

73 - Jim AD1C

USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com