[RTTY] WPX 2002 log submissions and the damn robot

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] WPX 2002 log submissions and the damn robot
From: jjreisert@alum.mit.edu (Jim Reisert AD1C)
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 07:41:27 -0500
I wrote:

>"The robot can't figure out what you intended, so it returns the log."

To which K4WW replied:

>No, but when it returns "CATEGORY: SINGLE-OP 15M LOW" as an invalid
>category, but accepts "CATEGORY: SINGLE-OP 15M HIGH" as a valid category,
>even though it was a "low power" effort, I question whether or not "it" even
>knows what "it" means?

And this illustrates my point to a 'T'.  Read the rules:

>(b) Low Power: Same as 1(a) except that output power is 150 watts or less.
>Stations in this category compete with other low power stations only.
>However, only all-band entries may be classed as low power.

So there are two possible categories that come out of this:

- Low-power all-band
- High-power single-band

You told the robot that your entry was low-power single-band.  What did you
mean?  It has no idea, that's not a valid category.  But the example it
suggests is perfectly legitimate, as something you *might have* meant.

73 - Jim AD1C

USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com