[RTTY] BARTG - WX4TM,SOE

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] BARTG - WX4TM,SOE
From: wx4tm@mindspring.com (Tom Moore)
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 16:32:18 -0600
BARTG SPRING RTTY CONTEST - MAR 16-17 2002

CALL: WX4TM
CLASS: SOE (SINGLE OP EXPERT - SO1R)
OP TIME: (30 HRS) 16/0200-0700 - 5 hrs
                  1230-2400-17/0000-0530 - 17 hrs
                  1200-2000 - 8 hrs

       QSOs      DX     CA     CO
80M       8       1      6      0
40M      89      21     16      1
20M     209      43     17      1
15M     335      50     27      3
10M     328      51     24      1
Total   969     166     90      6

Claimed Score: 1,488,384

-------------------

Station: Yaesu FT990
Amp: QRO HF2500DX
Antennas: 5-ele tri-band yagi
          80/40 dipoles, 40-Z wire
software: WRITELOG

SOAPBOX:

I missed the BARTG test last year, but because I'd made the top
10 the year before, I was required to participate in the SOE
category. This was the first complete contest using the new amp.
Very satisfied with its performance (only a few requests for
repeats!). Vertical 'Z' experimental 40M wire worked great!
All EUs worked were S-9 or better! There just weren't very many
there to work. 20-15-10 were all good and it appeared most stayed
on 10-15M. 20M was dead quiet for a couple of hrs mid-day Sunday.
Once I got to around 700 Q's, additonal Q's were very hard to come
by - was disappointed that I didn't break the 1K Q barrier. All
in all, really enjoyed this one. I took a break last nite and listened
to the maddening roar trying to work VP6/Ducie Is and was reminded how
lucky we are to have such well mannered RTTY 'contest' ops. Many thanks
to the BARTG for a great contest and especially to all who took the
time to work me.

Tom Moore WX4TM (ex KL7Q)