[RTTY] 8P6SH SOAB HP BARTG Spring Contest

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] 8P6SH SOAB HP BARTG Spring Contest
From: vision2000@sunbeach.net (Dean M. St. Hill)
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 00:18:49 -0400
First, the claimed score: 556 416

Then a few comments: First RTTY contest using a ProStar 4283 notebook. This
notebook has no com ports, and I was able to get a USB-Com cable working
just ahead of the contest. It worked very very well. My thanks to AA5AU for
his insight into dual receive in RTTY 'tests on his website. I ran the KAM
and a second rttyrite window using the soundcard decode and recorded the
entire contest too. Interestingly, the souncard decode was generally better
than the KAM. The only thing that could have made the experience better
would have been the ability to click on objects in the soundcard window, say
a callsign, and get it transferred to the KAM window... maybe there is a way
to do that.

Finally thanks to all those who called during the weekend. It was a busy
one, and I couldn't stay the whole weekend, but I enjoyed the time I could
be on. I ecorded the entire contest for the first time, and have been amazed
looking back at a few dicey contacts for a second look... this feature is
incredible!!! I'll be using next in CQ WW WPX Phone in a couple weeks.

Now the detail:

CALL:     8P6SH

Single OP., All Band

                             QSOs     DX:          Call Areas

80m:                            3          2                 3

40m:                          34        14               11

20m:                       172         35              16

15m:                      150         39               14

10m:                      145         33               17

Total:  504

Continents: 6

Total multipliers: 184

Claimed Score:     556 416

Station Description: Kenwood TS 450s, Kenwood TS 850s, ProStar Laptop, KAM,
Writelog

Antenna(s):   Butternut HF6V, Butternut HF2V