[RTTY] Ducie 3/20

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Ducie 3/20
From: Bill Hellman" <vze27322@verizon.net (Bill Hellman)
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 02:16:29 -0000
AF2C and I spent quite a bit of time with the station today feeding back
your suggestions.
The VK, ZL, KH6 and Oceania the 15 meter ssb operator will listen to you for
a while at the onset of each operation. He will ask the 20 meter operator
VP6TC to do the same.

Problems with Europe and Scandinavia were relayed and your suggestions will
be acted upon.
RTTY, on twenty meters, should start tomorrow or the next day.

The group has passed 15,000 QSO's . Do the math yourselves. That isn't bad
for 72 hours of operation.
A final word to those of you who have complained about the slow operating by
the Pitcairn Islanders. JA1BK and N9TK have stressed that they are being
trained so that they, not foreigners, can make the next trip to Ducie. They
also stress that their object is to give as many people possible a new
country and that they feel fifteen meter CW and Phone is the most effective
mode.

They are not sympathetic to "peripheral" operations. They have antennas for
40 and 80, are active on 20 and 10. There is only one YL and she is
operating cw on 12 meters. We were told that questions like "when are they
going to be on 160 " or the like will not be welcome.
Again, after tonight, AF2C is the new bitch receiver until I return.
Good Hunting

WA2MOE