[RTTY] Interesting Survey

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Interesting Survey
From: dhill@cprk.com (Hill, Don)
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 16:42:01 -0600
While surfing the web looking for material for this week's
VK2SG RTTY DX Notes, I came across the VK9ML site with information
about their upcoming DXpedition to Mellish Reef.

http://www.qsl.net/vk9ml/2002/

In late December, the team put up a survey on the site to find
out which digital mode they should operate, if any.  As I would
have expected, RTTY won over PSK, 38% to 15%.   What about the
other 47%?  They chose to have the team not do ANY digital mode
and to concentrate on SSB and CW!  Wow...

I don't know if this survey was set up where someone could
continuously vote for one option or not, but I must admit I'm
astonished that anyone would vote to have a DXpedition NOT do
digital.

Perhaps I'm just not with the program.  Perhaps there is a majority
of CW/SSB ops that would rather a DXpedition not take time out
for digital.  I don't know.  But I sure am curious.

Comments?

73, Don AA5AU