[RTTY] Parody Island DXpedition Update #1

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Parody Island DXpedition Update #1
From: aa5au@bellsouth.net (Don Hill AA5AU)
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 16:25:37 -0600
Update #1 - March 29, 2002

We will be putting a survey on our website (soon to be announced).
This survey will ask operators which voice mode we should operate, if any.
The choices will be SSB, AM, FM, "Forget voice, spend all the
time on RTTY and CW" or "If you want voice, pick up the phone
and call somebody who cares".

Jay, WS7I, has been recruited to be one of the RTTY operators.
Jay volunteered to be the VOICE operator, if we decide to do VOICE.

He will share VOICE duties with the 9 other operators.  We will each
get 1 hour at the microphone during our 10 hour VOICE operation.
During this one hour we will be allowed to go through the numbers
only once.  Which means each call area number will get 6 minutes
each hour.

Audie, K5IC, has volunteered to be the 160M operator.  Audie's
extensive experience on 160 includes about 10 QSO's, making him
the perfect choice for top band.

Ekki, DF4OR, has offered his services on VOICE too.  Ekki's
raspy voice will be difficult to understand, making his contribution more
valuable.  He will also, of course, be one of the RTTY ops.

Chen, AA6TY, has volunteered to be the WARC band RTTY operator
and qualifies himself by stating  "I promise I have no experience whatsoever
with DXpeditions".  Chen also states "Don't forget: make sure that the rig
for SSB develops severe FM when it overheats".

Dave, K2YG, joins the team as QRP operator.  His stint on VOICE will
be done using an output of 1 mw to a wet noodle.

Roy, WD5DBV, has joined the team as RTTY op and Chief Cook
specializing in boiled crawfish & beer.  Roy's one hour of VOICE will be done
in Cajun French.  Roy has obtained corporate sponsorship from the
Dixie Brewing company who will supply the team with 10 cases of
Dixie Beer.

Robert, G0URR, has been brought on the team as a Pilot station.
Robert's main job will be to erroneously spot us on VOICE occasionally to keep
the silly sidebanders silly.

QSL via Ed, W4EP (he said he needs the money).

Departure will be from Cancun, Mexico aboard the S.S. Minnow captained
by none other than Gilligan himself.

Since the island is claimed by both the United States and Mexico, it falls
under the same category as Spratly and we can make up any callsign we
wish.  Any suggestions?

Operators (so far)
AA5AU
WS7I