[RTTY] Parody Team Donation

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Parody Team Donation
From: k4sb@mindspring.com (K4SB)
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2002 15:07:37 +0000
Larry Lindblom wrote:

To insure the weakest possible signal on SSB I am donating two can
type
dummy  loads to the team.  With these they can CQ for as long or as
little as they like without being heard. ,....................

73 ETC

I find it hard to believe, but I am beginning to suspect an insidious
plot by Larry to garner a SSB contact. Not only is it possible to be
heard, but I have a QSL from a MS station who answered my numerous
"tests" while running into my dummy load ONLY!

I further suggest that every antenna expert in the US is well aware of
the development of "Conical Cans" by Larry ( which explains why he is
donating 2 of them, thus increasing their gain by 3 db )

With this barely disguised attempt to garner a SSB contact, I fear he
has also enlisted others on the team, and highly suggest that ALL team
members be X-rayed and body searched to make absolutely sure they are
not carrying a concealed microphone!

Regretfully, although this is the first attempt I know of by Larry to
circumvent the stated ideals of this operation, I feel he must be
punished to serve as an example to others.

I have discussed this punishment with my friends in Chicago, south GA
and AL, and have just received the final official tally, duly
certified by the Palm Beach County Board of Elections. The vote was
6,734,073 in favor, with 2 abstentions.

Larry is hereby sentenced to listen for a total of 5 minutes to one of
the "dx nets" on 20 or 15 meters.

I fully realize this punishment is harsh for a first time offender,
but regretfully, we must make an example of this behavior.

73
Ed