[RTTY] W1ZT EA RTTY SO SFS

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] W1ZT EA RTTY SO SFS
From: George Johnson" <w1zt@arrl.net (George Johnson)
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2002 11:42:09 -0400
2002
-+- EA RTTY Contest -+-
Sponsored by Union de Radioaficionados Espanoles (U.R.E.)

CALL: W1ZT
Country: USA W1

             QSOs   Points      DX Provinces Call Areas
80m:           6       30        5        1        2
40m:           0        0        0        0        0
20m:          23       33       10        1        8
15m:          23       42        9        1        8
10m:           1        2        1        0        0
Total:        53      107       25        3       18

Total multipliers:                                46
Score:                                          4922

Comments:  I had great difficulty picking the correct category so I
settled on Single Op Single Foot Switch.  My station needs both repair
and maintenance and was not ready for this weekend but I tried to get
some time on 80m in the evening.  When the log program and rig keying
would not work I ended up with a footswitch and manual typing of contact
and log serial number data.  As long as I didn't try to call CQ it
seemed to work OK...  only a couple times I forgot to step on the foot
switch ...  I did make up a couple buffers for RITTY and finally tried
to run a couple times on 15m then 20m.  The logging programs sure make
contesting easier... this was a good reminder.  So THANKS AGAIN WF1B,
W5XD, DL4RCK, OH2LU, and any authors I missed for making these programs
that allow us to do this so much easier !!

Thanks to URE and all who were active.  This is a fun contest with good
world wide activity and a nice bonus for 40m and 80m.

73, George .. W1ZT