[RTTY] SPAM

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] SPAM
From: w7ti@dslextreme.com (Bill Turner)
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 13:22:36 -0700
On Sun, 14 Apr 2002 16:47:47 +0100, Bill Hellman wrote:

>I no longer get spam since downloading and installing
>MailWasher (www.mailwasher.com). It's a freebie for
>the basic application.
>It has a button to process the
>mail you want to read in your brouser. Try it, you'll like it.
>
>Bill - NA2M

I also use MailWasher and I love it.  One caution, though.  If you have
it set to auto-delete spam, look very carefully at what it has chosen
for deletion.  Twice I let it delete something it shouldn't have, which
I noticed just as I clicked the "process mail" button.  I sat there
helplessly watching it delete an email I was waiting for.  I now have it
set for no auto-deletions.

The advantage of using MailWasher is that it not only deletes the
selected spam it sends an "undeliverable" message back to the
originator.  Makes them think they have an invalid address.

Bill, W7TI