Fw: [RTTY] K1B

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Fw: [RTTY] K1B
From: jjreisert@alum.mit.edu (Jim Reisert)
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 14:20:42 -0700 (PDT)
--- Dick White <KS0M@ktis.net> wrote:

> I find DX by reading the DX Bulletins and figuring out when
> they should be on the air and will have propagation. Then I get on and
> listen a lot.

The last day VK9ML was on, I heard them running 20 CW around 1030z then just
plain stop.  Did I go grab breakfast?  No, I went up to the RTTY band and tuned
around 14.084, where I found them calling CQ about 5-10 minutes later, and was
their first QSO.

Don't get me wrong, I love packet and wouldn't have worked everything I have
without it.  However, it's *always* easier when you find them before anyone
else does!

73 - Jim AD1C

=====
USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com