[RTTY] UBN Analysis and Log Checking

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] UBN Analysis and Log Checking
From: eu1sa@belsonet.net (Vladimir V. Sidorov)
Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 07:34:57 +0300
Gents,

> Fourth, the results in 2001 CQ/RJ WW were computed and compiled in a fair
> and consistent manner.  As Ron suggests, this fact is the most important
> single issue in log-checking.  So long as we are consistent, our
resolution
> of issues like the Z. 16/17 question simply makes no difference to the
> results.  It is inconsistency that may produce unfair results.  No
> placements would be changed if UA9S/UA9W were allowed in zone 17.

Don't you think, there is something strange?

1. I pick up my UBN report. 1Q with RX9SR and 2Qs with RW9OWD are removed.
Bad zones. Fine. Supposingly there should be the same for all contest
entrants who worked RX9SR and RW9OWD and logged the Zone .

2. There come results of the Contest.
SO AB HP:   #19 RX9SR
MO ST HP:   #17 RW9OWD

Huh???
It looks like, rather substantial part of their contacts were still
confirmed, since they managed to get to quite high places in the contest.
How come?
Or they still got credit for their Qs regardless the fact that these Qs are
removed from logs of others???
And it does not affect placements of participants?

I loose the track completely.

73,
"Walt", EU1SA