[RTTY] Volta RTTY AA5AU SOAB HP

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Volta RTTY AA5AU SOAB HP
From: aa5au@bellsouth.net (Don Hill AA5AU)
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 14:58:07 -0500
                   Volta RTTY DX Contest

Call: AA5AU
Operator(s): AA5AU
Station: AA5AU

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: LA
Operating Time (hrs): 12
Radios: SO2R

   80:    3     7     2
   40:   25   295    17
   20:  115  1714    42
   15:   80  1345    32
   10:   12   471     9
-------------------------
Total:  235  3832   102  Total Score = 91,853,040

Club:

Comments:

Condx were the worse I've seen in a long time.  Coupled with low activity, it
was hard to maintain interest in this one.  No JA's heard at all.  No EU heard
on 10 meters.  Highlight was being called by OH0/SM3LBP and working all the
usual RTTY contesters.

My only 5 band station was W9HLY.  Thanks Vern.  I watched Vern on 80M
as he spent a lot of time there.  He CQ'd over and over and over.  The band
was not in too bad of shape.  The stations I did work were loud.  But there just
wasn't any activity from NA on 80M (or on any of the bands really).

Congratulations to George, W1ZT, for an outstanding performance.  I was
hoping to give him a run for the money but as I watched him work station after
station on 15 & 20 meters that I couldn't hear, I realized there was no chance
of keeping pace with him.  I finally gave up around 0400z.

I'll be in Dayton next weekend so no Anatolian contest for me.  There are too
many RTTY contests, but it doesn't hurt anything really.  It gives some people
the chance to practice and give some us RTTY nuts something to do.  But a
RTTY contest 3 weekends in a row twice a year is a little much for even diehards
like me.

73, Don AA5AU
http://www.aa5au.com
http://www.geocities.com/writelog