[RTTY] rtty power

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] rtty power
From: k2yg@BellAtlantic.net (Dave Barr RDS Inc)
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 09:03:50 -0400
I agree that 50 - 100 watts is plenty for most RTTY work, and overkill
for PSK in many instances, but bear in mind that a lot of good Q's can
be had with QRP - 5 watts or less.  Admittedly a yagi is of help, but
even with a dipole a great deal can be worked.  K2YG has worked 225
countries using  RTTY qrp, and has a lot of fun and 500 plus Qs in a few
contests.  Running over 100 watts is usually helpful only in DX pileups,
and then knowing where, when and how to call is probably more important.

73
Dave, K2YG