[RTTY] ARRL.org Vote - We Need to Become More Pro-active

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] ARRL.org Vote - We Need to Become More Pro-active
From: Robert W. Schafer" <robert.schafer@wcom.com (Robert W. Schafer)
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 12:58:26 -0500
Please note that if you do any comparisons - there are two methods for =
PSK31, BPSK and QPSK.  While nearly all software supports both, 99.9% of =
all QSOs on the air now will be in BPSK, which does not have as good =
weak signal performance as QPSK.  This is largely under-utilized and =
more DX would get worked if QPSK were used instead.

Also, other digital modes such as MFSK16 will out-perform PSK31 and has =
a bandwidth closer to RTTY. If one is contemplating a switch to another =
mode, MFSK16 is worth a look. There are other capabilities in MFSK16 =
such as error correction which also helps.

I recommend Hamscope software, which does all three modes.

See:=20

http://www.qsl.net/zl1bpu/MFSK/INDEX.html

http://home.teleport.com/~nb6z/compare1.htm

http://users.mesatop.com/~ghansen/