[RTTY] FW: [1000mp] PCT III Not Legal USA? - Sound Card Digital/RittyMod

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] FW: [1000mp] PCT III Not Legal USA? - Sound Card Digital/RittyModes
From: chen@mac.com (Kok Chen)
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2002 12:34:31 -0700
See forwarded message below.  Another salvo fired against
relying on DSP modems.  This time, over at the FT-1000MP
reflector.

Until 24-bit A/D converters become the norm, keep using
narrow analog filters!  Remember, friends don't let
friends use DSP filters.

BTW, you can already buy 24-bit USB based A/D converters.
They are about the price of a new KAM.

That is the reason why I am very interested in buying a
real live ST-8000 to compare good DSP implementations
against.  So far, I haven't had much luck bidding for
a ST-8000 at what I think they are currently worth (the
price of a 24-bit A/D converter, HI HI. The rest, as
they say is "just software").

73
Chen, W7AY