[RTTY] IT9BLB ANARTS SOAB claimed score

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] IT9BLB ANARTS SOAB claimed score
From: it9blb@mail.infcom.it (G. La Parola, IT9BLB)
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 23:22:41 +0200
A lot of fun!

The new tried setup was a real pleasure to operate.
Used a friend's of mine FT1000D with full dual receiver
and narrow INRAD filters. I made the second receiver's
knob "burning" in a intense job of search & pounce
on a second band than the one I was running.
A new Matrox G450 video card was a really good improvement
to run RCKRtty+PK232 & MMTTY on two different big windows:
it was amazing!

Condx on Friday night were good enough, interesting long skip openings
on 15 and 20 open all the night long.
On Saturday I found a good short skip activity, working a lot of EUs. Several
band's change were very usefull to have a good overall rate, jumping between
10, 15 and 20. Usual booming signals from SA in the evening/night hours.
Less then good propagation on low bands and poor activity: run there just to
take some mults. I must also consider that my simple wires on 40/80 aren't
able to perform in a competitive way, of course.
On Sunday, everything was about the same; good LP conditions on 20 to VK/ZL
but only few stations on the air. Some good mult from AS and a lot of EU
traffic to the end of my run.

I was hoping to find more VKs active; with that conditions it could be
a lot of fun more.
30 hours limit for SO was a pity to me (it's the same in every contest
with time limits inside. I hate to stop contesting if I'm still in condition
to run.... short sleeps are very dangerous to me: more than once I didn't
ear my alarm clock and slept more then planned :-((
Too many stations answering out of frequency; sound cards' use needs to
pay a little bit of attention more.

Some problems with the "Contest delle sezioni", a national all mode contest
yearly organized by ARI. The excange (obviously only between I stations)
consisted in RS(T) and operator's own local ARI section(department) code
number (4 digits).
It was a big problem to Italian ops running the ANARTS; a lot of times,
I was "compelled" to a double excange (one for each contest!), to gain a
good QSO for my ANARTS log :-)). Sometimes it was better to skip and loose
some contacts because the really "one-way" brain of some operators.

Some DX: 4K6DI,A45WD,BX4AF,CN8LI,PY0FF,VK2CT,VK2KM,VK2SG,

VK4UC,VK6GOM,VU2SJV,VP5/KW4DA,ZL2BR,ZL2AMI,ZP6DN

                   ANARTS DX WW RTTY Contest

Callsign         : IT9BLB
DXCC/Cont.       : I / EU
Category         : Single Op. / All Band
Mode             : RTTY
Club Competition : Tikirriki Contest Club
Power            : HIGH   500 Watt
Contest Date     : 08.06.2002
Default Exchange : 599
Operating Time   : 30 h
Software         : RCKRtty V2.15

BAND  QSOs  Valid QSOs  Points  DXCC  Dis. Cont. VK-Bonus
10     184      184      1177    37    11    5     600
15     383      383      4610    52    25    6     800
20     302      301      3416    45    23    6     600
40      45       45       307    16     4    4     400
80      35       35       154    19     3    3       0
       949      948      9664   169    66    6*   2400

* = Counted only once (not once per band)

Final Score: 9664 * (169 + 66) * 6 + 2400 = 13628640

Equipment: FT1000D, AL-1500@4/500w
Antennas : 10/15M 3el. @ 20mt.
           20M 5el. monoband @ 21mt.
           40/80M inv_VEES
Digital  : PC Thunderbird 900Mhz, Matrox G450 Dual Head,
           WIN98se, RCKRtty V2.15 & PK-232 on left monitor
           MMTTY V1.61 on right one.

73s,  "Joe" IT9BLB/KF6FBC/9H3DC/IH9P

http://www.ih9p.com/