[RTTY] RTTY Mobile! WA9ALS is on the road now 14.083

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] RTTY Mobile! WA9ALS is on the road now 14.083
From: wa9als@starband.net (WA9ALS - John)
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 07:25:31 -0500
Thanks to Jon for the QSO and for spotting me on the cluster and reflector.
That immediately resulted in some good Q's, including Arpad YU7AM and Len
VE3FJB.  Mobile RTTY with 3 kids in the car is a trip!  Really, it is a
bunch of fun!  Sure passes the time when not driving!

I tried some PSK, which I actually thought might be "easier" - more
stations, easier to be printed with lower power and less antenna etc etc.
So far though, RTTY has been much more successful!  I have some noise in the
auto that seems to affect PSK much more than RTTY -maybe the phase shift
mode doesn't like the power inverter I'm using to power the laptop!  HI

Being setup mobile lets me go portable anywhere I can drive - not many DX
possibilities though!  Will be driving home Sat and Sun - hope to catch a
few more of this group on 20M.  73 - John (WA9ALS/M4)