[RTTY] FT-1000D LSB RTTY settings

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] FT-1000D LSB RTTY settings
From: aa5au@bellsouth.net (Don Hill AA5AU)
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2002 18:18:11 -0500
Working with someone trying to get RTTY working using AFSK
to an FT-1000D.  He can transmit high tones but can't receive high tones.
He can receive down around 1200 hz.  He is using the radio in the LSB
position.

What's the trick to receiving high tones (2125/2295 hz) with this radio
in the LSB position?  Do you have to use the LSB position when using
AFSK?

I'm guessing it's a filter setting.  I suggested also that he could use low
tones, but I've never used low tones, so don't know what to tell him about
that route.

Thanks,
Don AA5AU
http://www.aa5au.com