[RTTY] MMTTY Networking

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] MMTTY Networking
From: salaca@asson.apollo.lv (Vilnis Vosekalns)
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 10:25:32 +0300
Hello to all,

Tom , You putted out wery interesting idea. Let see to where
we can go .
As we know, WF1B is possible to use networked via COM ports.

4 mashine version.
MMTTY on second computer acting as modem only. It means , yes, You need
one tandem for each radio (MMTTY do not working in stereo like
Writelog). Needed 2 com on each mashine - PTT/FSK and TNC emulator on
computers with MMTTY and for WF1B is necessary TNC and network.
Mouse and TRX control, clusters and etc., here not counted.

3 mashine version.
It is  possible to install second soundcard, now is
two MMTTY modems in one computer and two networked WF1B.
Each MMTTY running from seperate run. Say to COM1 and COM2.
This TNC emulator mashine needed minimum 4 COMs. WF1B networked
mashines can stay with 2 COMs. Probably not so easy to get
two soundcards running in one mashine due hardware conflicts,
all this ISA business and so on. But this is other story.

2 mashine version.
But, what can be, if connect only two computers in cross.
First is with MMTTY for second and second is MMTTY for first.
Both networked in WF1B. Who is ready to check this configuration?
Im not, have only one computer here with 4 COMs now,
quite interesting and sounds realistic for me.

Any ideas more....

Vilnis / YL2KF