[RTTY] RTTY Survey Announcement - 2nd Time

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] RTTY Survey Announcement - 2nd Time
From: aa5au@bellsouth.net (Don Hill AA5AU)
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 22:45:59 -0500
I've received about 100 submissions to the RTTY survey.  However,
the submissions are starting to fall off drastically and I feel the
participation
is not at the level it should be.

The problem is that most of the top RTTY ops have submitted their
"needs" list, but others have not.  Because of this, only the most rare entities
are being calculated and not those farther down the list.

The results will be used by many.  Anyone wanting to plan a DXpedition
or vacation can use the results to help them determine which "entity" might
be more desired on the digital modes.

So it's not just the "top" RTTY operators results we need.  We need results
from every single RTTY operator.  I maintain a current callsign database with
over 21,000 callsigns of stations worked on RTTY.  So having only 100 stations
submit to the survey does not give a realistic result of which entities are
most needed
on the digital modes overall.  We need your "needs" list on RTTY no matter now
many you need!

If you have not already submitted to the survey, I ask that you do so.

http://www.aa5au.com/rttysurvey.html

Thanks,
Don AA5AU