[RTTY] Re: [WriteLog] Win98->Win XP?

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Re: [WriteLog] Win98->Win XP?
From: w7ti@dslextreme.com (Bill Turner)
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 19:00:06 -0700
On Fri, 16 Aug 2002 11:42:54 -0500, Kevin Brown - KC0CZI wrote:

>Your desire to move the installed programs from one operating system to
>the other will not be successful.
>
>The issue is related to registry settings when you installed the
>programs on one system not correllating to the registry on the new
>system.

That's too broad a statement, Kevin.  It depends on the software.
I have moved MANY programs without going through the formal
install process and they work fine.

I would speculate most of the typical ham programs DO NOT NEED
any settings in the registry at all, despite what Microsoft would
have you believe.

Of course if someone doesn't know how to put icons on the desktop
or in the start menu, that person should go ahead and do a full
install.  Or learn how. :-)

73, Bill W7TI