[RTTY] WPX RTTY Results

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] WPX RTTY Results
From: dk3vn@nexgo.de (Waldemar DK3VN)
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 06:59:52 +0200
W6OTC wrote:

> On August 28, DK3VN wrote:
>
> more than six month ago we had the CQ/RJ WPX RTTY and the results are
> not out in the public! =:-(
>
> For the CQ/RJ WW RTTY we had to wait more than eight months for
> the public results!!!!!!! =:-(
>
> My reply:  In 2001 and 2002, the results for CQ/RJ WW have been published
> each year in May CQ Magazine and the results for CQ/RJ WPX in July CQ
> Magazine.  The results have also been published in The New RTTY Journal,
> Spring and Fall issues.  For both contests, plaques are awarded to attendees
> at the May Dayton RTTY dinner sponsored by The New RTTY Journal, and
> thereafter mailed to others.  WW certificates were mailed in May or June.
> WPX certificates are awaiting mailing now.
>
> 73, Glenn, W6OTC

Glenn,

hmmm .. I was not talking about the very painful "lending out" of
plaques at Dayton (some plaques missed or with wrong data). I was
talking about the fact, that the results of the contests CQ/RJ WW
and the CQ/RJ WPX are not available for the public in a timely manner.

In our world of today, all serious contest sponsors, although many of
them are small groups with little money, are presenting the results
via the Web, accessible for everyone, a few months after the contest.
Many of this contest sponsors are sending out certificates and
sometimes more.

But the HAM's of the biggest and richest country in this world are
hiding the results in magazines, journals or on the Web, accessible
for "MEMBERS ONLY", for a very long time.

All the best, everyone has his own point of view, but the time has
changed!

73 de Waldemar, DK3VN
--
Check RWRL on  http://www.qsl.net/dk3vn   mailto:dk3vn@darc.de