[RTTY] WF1B to Cabrillo

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] WF1B to Cabrillo
From: w7ti@dslextreme.com (Bill Turner)
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 07:33:56 -0700

WT4I sells a convertor that will do it.  Check www.wt4i.com

>2. One of the features that WF1B has, and which has spoiled me, is the
>feature which "lights up" unworked calls on the screen.  This allows the
>operator to just hit the "Ins" to call the station.  What other newer RTTY
>software features this?    I do NOT want software that requires me to type in
>the call unnecessarily OR that requires me to move a mouse to click on the
>new callsign in order to work it.

WriteLog does this too, although I don't use it myself because I
use F10 differently.  Here's a quote from the manual:

Insert
Sends the message corresponding to F10. (or you can change the
"SendCallExchangeKey" entry in WRITELOG.INI to use a different
function key.) Presumably you would have programmed this key to
send the callsign followed by the contest exchange. The callsign
is what?s in the CALL field, unless you have a RTTY window up.
With RTTY, the ?callsign? to send comes from the RTTY window
where a call detected as a multiplier (highlighted yellow) has
priority over others.

73, Bill W7TI