[RTTY] New software for RiTTY by K6STI

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] New software for RiTTY by K6STI
From: w7ti@dslextreme.com (Bill Turner)
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2002 20:31:27 -0700
I came across a new program which claims to make any soundcard
behave like an ISA SoundBlaster 16, just what RiTTY needs.

I downloaded it and now on my WinXP machine - with a PCI
soundcard - I get the correct message from RiTTY on startup:
16 bit a/d, full mixer.  Yay!!

The only problem however, is RiTTY isn't printing anything.
Something is still missing.  I've tried everything my pea brain
can think of but no cigar.  Perhaps someone out there would like
to try?  The program is available for free at:
http://www.ece.mcgill.ca/~vromas/vdmsound/

I tried emailing Brian at k6sti@n2.net but apparently that
address is no longer good.  Anyone have a better one?  If nothing
comes up, I'll send him a snail mail.  (ugh)

73, Bill W7TI