[RTTY] REV polarity - mystery solved

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] REV polarity - mystery solved
From: dez@cytanet.com.cy (Dez in Cyprus)
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 14:23:06 -0000
Hi All,

Thank you for the all suggestions.

The REV polarity problem has now been solved.

Some asked whether I was running MMTTY stand-alone, or in Writelog.
Well... this is interesting because I have been using MMTTY in Writelog
but only on RX. I normally transmit FSK generated from a KAM tnc.

In the dim and distant past I do recall having similar problems with FSK
polarity
and the KAM with the FT-1000MP. I eventually solved that problem in the
Rttyrite
window by going into TU type, TNC setup... and selecting FSK polarity 'B'.
That
worked fine with the rig on FSK.

Today, I built a little FSK, PTT interface to try MMTTY stand-alone on TX,
but could not find a way of reversing the FSK polarity for transmit in the
software.

I found menu 6-1 on the FT-1000MP which Tom, W1TO actually suggested, and
have now changed this setting to REV. (It is normal by default).
YAESU's convention does seem backwards to others though.

And so MMTTY in stand-alone is now FSK-ing the right way around.

All that remains is for me to change my Writelog TNC polarity settings
to FSK polarity 'A' the next time I use the KAM.

And if you have followed all that, then congratulations!

73

Dez - ZC4DW