[RTTY] Log's in RTTY

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Log's in RTTY
From: hamcat@directvinternet.com (K4SB)
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 20:05:42 +0000
First of all, we all owe Jay a big "attaboy" for his work and
dedication.

Jay wrote:

> First of all.  RTTY contests are RTTY, not mixed or SSB or CW.  Low power
> contests are Low power they aren't high power. If you used High Power you
> need to indicate the log in the NAQP as a Checklog.  Your NAME is that name
> sent in the exchange. If you send Jay you don't put Jay Townsend in the
> Cabrillo file.  That results in a score of zero.  I fixed ton's of this
> stuff. It is up to the contestant in a contest to do the following:

This is my observation on Cabrillo though

1. If the log checking software for a RTTY contest isn't smart enough
to ignor
SSB/CW, it is dumber than I thought.

2. If the log isn't designated a checklog, Cabrillo should
automatically change it to low power.

3. Since the Name is part of the exchange, and in an exact location,
Cabrillo should know that the hell the proper Name is.

I usually have fits with these files, and I have the WT4I tools, and
as Jay said, we need to be more careful, but Cabrillo could learn a
few lessons also.

73
Ed, K4SB