[RTTY] Serial cards are getting scarce

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Serial cards are getting scarce
From: obrienaj@netsync.net (Andrew J O'Brien)
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 16:35:45 -0400

> You will find you get much more for your money by "brewing your own",
> and save money as well.

Does anyone have a source for advice on " brewing your own" ?  I am thinking
of doing that as a winter project.  I figure I installed my HD, new floppy
drive, CDRW drive, and serial cards, there can't be much more to it.  I
looked at mother boards on the web the other day and the prices are very
cheap.  I am not sure which are good ones though and what they include.  I
thought that by the time I buy all the other components that I could have
bought a cheap system.  Building one would be fun though.

Andy KB2EOQ