[RTTY] Rig Blaster Plus and Windows XT

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Rig Blaster Plus and Windows XT
From: Dinsterdog@aol.com (Dinsterdog@aol.com)
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2002 15:43:57 EDT
I have had a tough time getting my newly arrived Rigblaster to work.  First,
I tried it with my Compaq laptop with Windows ME and no serial port-.  I
experienced the expected problems with the operating system software, as
described at the rigblasterplus support page, and the hotfix from Microsoft
did not remedy the situation. Primarily, the rigblaster would stay keyed up
after the computer booted up, with or without the computer in RTTY software.
I was using a USB to serial port adapter.

So I went out and got a new HP with Windows XP with a serial port.  All the
set up tests went well except when I got to configuring the comport for
transmitting using MMTTY.  As soon as I selected COM1, the rig keyed up
without the software being set on transmit.  The only way to get it to keyoff
is to change the COM.

The computer boots up fine with this unit.  It keys the the radio on and off
a few times while the computer boots up then shuts off when it goes to the
Desktop page.    This is unlike the Windows ME laptop that just keyed up the
rigblaster fulltime as soon as it was done booting up.

So I'm making some progress but I could use some help-

I've studied the Rigblaster Support page, but nothing I have found has yet
cured the problem.  Ugghhhhhhhh...............

Anyone with a Rigblaster Plus, using a 756Pro, with XP as your operating
system, who has their system working, or anyone who has any ideas of what I
need to do to get on the air, I'd like to call you or please email me at
dinsterdog@aol.com.  I get the same problem using TrueTTY so I believe my
problem lies in COM1 being stuck somehow to cause the Rigblaster to key the
rig. Is it XP?  This does not happen in VOX mode, just Auto, which I plan to
use.

Many many Thx!

73  Paul  N0AH

multipart/alternative