RESULTS: [RTTY] JARTS Log Confirmation

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: RESULTS: [RTTY] JARTS Log Confirmation
From: aa5au@bellsouth.net (Don Hill AA5AU)
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 18:31:37 -0600
I received many replied on this and I thank each of you that did reply, either
direct or via the reflector.

The general consensus, and one that I referred to in my original post, is that
everyone received a confirmation that they submitted to the on-line summary.

Since most sent their logs within the same period of time that they submitted
their on-line summary, many believe that the confirmation they received was
for their log.

However, I sent my on-line summary sheet many days before I sent in my actual
logs.  My call showed at http://www.edsoftz.com/JARTS/2002/submit_log.html
before I sent in my log.  My call showed up in the "Claimed Scores" section
before
I submitted my actual log.

When I sent my actual log, I never received a confirmation that the "logs" were
received.  This made me worry a bit because I'm very much hoping, after many
years of trying, that I will be lucky enough to win this excellent RTTY contest.

I did send a separate E-mail to Hiro, JH1BIH, at jh1bih@edsoftz.com and asked
if my logs had been received.  He confirmed that indeed they have been received.

I'm not trying to stir anything up here.  I was thinking that if someone were
to submit
to the on-line summary sheet, then send in their logs but send to the wrong
address
or something, that they would not know if their logs were received or not.  I
realize
JARTS does things differently than other organizations.  And I am not, in any
way,
criticizing the way they do things, but I think a confirmation that the actual
logs were
received is appropriate.

All is well in my case, and I hope I'm not confused on the process.  But I
believe that
a confirmation that the on-line summary is received is NOT the same as a
confirmation
that the actual log was received.  I hope I'm not out of line here.  If so,
someone needs
to "straighten" me up on this.

JARTS is one of my favorite contests.

73, Don AA5AU