[RTTY] AA5AU SARTG Score

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] AA5AU SARTG Score
From: w2up at mindspring.com (Barry )
Date: Mon Aug 18 21:11:00 2003

On 18 Aug 2003 Shelby Summerville wrote:

>  "Don Hill AA5AU" <aa5au@bellsouth.net> wrote: "What really pushed me to
> compete hard in the last two periods was a US station with a 5 callsign not
> signing / portable the area he was in."
>
>  Until contest sponsors make rules requiring, not suggesting, signing
> "portable", there will be no change! Contest entrants are notorious for
> "pushing the envelope", and, IMHO, it behooves the sponsors to "stay one
> step ahead", not "several behind"?
>
> C'Ya, Shelby

I thought it WAS required. I had some time available last weekend,
and was considering operating SARTG, but decided not to when I saw
that rule about signing portable. International contest sponsors need
to realize that there are no US geographic call areas any more.  All
the number means is where one was first licensed, if still holding
the original call.  If one has have a vanity call even that isn't
true. I haven't lived in "2 land" since 1979 and I'm not portable!
Barry W2UP (in PA, not portable 3)--