[RTTY] Serial port expansion card troubles...

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Serial port expansion card troubles...
From: Jim Callow" <jcallow@mari.net (Jim Callow)
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2002 09:03:08 -0600
I installed a two-port serial card (I don't think it was the SIIG), and I
also had some problems with the ports configured by Windows as you list
(that is, one ends up on COM5).  The solution that worked for me was to pull
the modem card so it did not get in the way, and reinstall the serial card
drivers, which should make the ports come up as COM3 and COM4.   Then plug
the modem back in and reinstall, and it should land on COM5.  COM3 and COM4
then worked fine with my Windows programs.  I'm still on WIN98, so I can't
say how relevant this is for XP.

73

Jim
K8IR