[RTTY] Thanks!

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Thanks!
From: aa5au@bellsouth.net (Don Hill AA5AU)
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2003 03:23:40 -0600
As I sit here working the SARTG NY RTTY contest, I can't help but think
back on last year's RTTY accomplishments.  It was, by far, my best year ever
RTTY contesting.  And I wanted to thank those that made it possible - you RTTY
Ops!

Starting off with the ARRL Roundup, I placed 1st World Low Power for the
8th consecutive year, 10th time overall.  I said I would go Low Power again this
year (2003), but with condx going down, I may change my mind and go High Power.

In WPX, I place 2nd World and 1st North America Low Power.

I made my first full effort in the XE contest and set a new North American
Record
while placing 2nd World.

In the BARTG Sprint I place 3rd NA in a part time effort.

In the BARTG Spring contest I placed 1st World Expert in a surprising effort.

In the EA contest I set a new NA record while winning NA and placing 6th World.

In a part time effort in ANARTS, I placed 2nd NA.

I won the NAQP contest for a 3rd time.

In SARTG, I may have place 2nd NA behind K4GMH, who I consider the BEST
single radio RTTY operator in the world.  Official results are not out yet.

In CQ/RJ I may have accomplished a feat I did not think was possible from my
humble
QTH.  I decided to go High Power for the first time ever when a Low Power
category
existed.  High Claimed scores show I have the highest score in the world.  It
was my best
contest effort ever with over 2400 QSO's using 500 watt amplifiers, tribanders
and a wire
for 80M.

In JARTS, I have the highest claimed score with a new World Record if it holds
up.
After placing 2nd World twice, I put more emphasis on this event than any other
in 2002.

I wanted to operate WAE with the new rules, but duck hunting and fishing in the
marshes
of Louisiana is so much more enjoyable than RTTY contesting that I had to pass
this one up.

Claimed scores of the TARA RTTY Sprint show I may have won Low Power for the
7th time.

So here it is, January 1st 2003 and I'm calling endless CQ's in the SARTG New
Year
contest with no takers.  I have 12 QSO's in an hour and 15 minutes.  Certainly
I will not
win this contest.  But just like all the others, I don't really care to win.  I
only wish to
contact you RTTY ops that also want to contact me.  To make that brief QSO to
say
that "hey, I'm here!".

Thanks to all of you for making 2002 a special RTTY contest year for me.  I
hope it was
a good year for you too.  I'll be looking for you again in 2003!

73,
Don AA5AU
http://www.aa5au.com
http://www.geocities.com/writelog