[RTTY] New "friend.ini" file

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] New "friend.ini" file
From: k4sb@earthlink.net (K4SB)
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2003 17:21:30 +0000
Thanks to all of you who have responded to my request for the name you
would like used in the friend.ini file. All has been duly recorded,
and I'll make the changes a little later today.

For those of you who wondered if your call was correct ( new call ),
rest assured it is.
I have been updating the master.cal file for Don for quite a few
months, and the program is as solid as a rock. So, unless you want to
announce your new call to everyone, ( and I think that's a good idea )
please be assured my program will pick it up. It also weeds out
expired calls, so the master.cal, and therefore the friend.ini file
will be pretty much up to date.

Gotta get a faster computer for the office. I write ( if you can call
it that ) in VB3, and it takes this 750 machine a full 12 hours to
decode the FCC database, manipulate it,
error check it ( and believe me, it is full of errors, mostly extras
commas, which are of course a delimiter )

So far, there has been one "semi complaint", lotsa TUs, and one whose
wife calls him
"Weasel". I am tempted but will use the name he asked for, and his
identify will remain a secret.

I appreciate the TUs, but when compared to all the advice from the
more "smarter" of you on the WL and RTTY reflector, plus the
tremendous efforts put forth by the "contest" writers, Don, AA5AU,
MITTY, and so forth, it's very little.

Now, it's almost 60 degrees out and I'm turning this thing off and
going outside to work on antennas!

Keep em coming

73
Ed