[RTTY] BARTG Sprint AA5AU SO Expert HP

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] BARTG Sprint AA5AU SO Expert HP
From: aa5au at bellsouth.net (Don Hill AA5AU)
Date: Sun Jan 26 14:08:07 2003
                   BARTG RTTY Sprint

Call: AA5AU
Operator(s): AA5AU
Station: AA5AU

Class: SO Expert HP
QTH: Louisiana
Operating Time (hrs): 7
Radios: SO2R

   80:   43   43
   40:   61   61
   20:   83   83
   15:  160  160
   10:   43   43
-----------------
Total:  390  390  Mults = 62  Total Score = 120,900

Club:

Comments:

Didn't have much time to play in this one.  Had to work and do other things.
Condx
were pretty poor.  I missed ASIA somehow.  Heard A45WD and 4Z4DX but they
were S&P.  At about 0300Z I thought I would try to work a JA station on 20 but
the
band was totally DEAD.  No signals anywhere...  so went to bed.

Congrats to George, W1ZT, on a fine effort.  Sorry I couldn't give you much
competition this year.

The test with the Belkin F5U103 was a complete success.  I did have one hang-up
but I'm pretty sure it was due to RFI when I was cranking 600 watts out on 80
meters.
I'll probably go Low Power in WPX next month, so not worried about the one lock
up.
I'll test it again in XE next weekend.

The USB adapter gives me two free COM ports on the B computer so may connect
the 3rd TS870 and try SO3R for WPX since I have a complete set of individual
band filters
to use on the 3rd radio.  I didn't like SO3R last time I did it, so maybe I'll
just have the
radio set up in case of failure on any of the other two.  Should be
interesting.  I need a
bigger desk!  Time to start designing one so I can use all these nice power
tools I got for
Christmas.

Thanks for all the Q's.  See you in XE, then WPX.

73, Don AA5AU

http://www.aa5au.com
http://www.geocities.com/writelog