[RTTY] ZL2BR BARTG Sprint

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] ZL2BR BARTG Sprint
From: ditdah at infogen.net.nz (Frank Hunt)
Date: Mon Jan 27 23:45:06 2003
Started off as planned on 15m Eu LP/JA, worked 37 in first hour
which is a very good rate for me from this remote outpost of
humanity. Signals were fading out so dropped down to 20m, but
condx were not much better, qso rate dropped right off and
between 16-18z could only make 4 qso's.

20m NA LP over Africa produced the expected bag of qso's
between 18-21z, but then the expected openings to NA and JA on
10m were fizzers, only 7 NA and 4 JA.

15m was no better, found a very weak and lonely JT1BG around
02z, no other signals on the band at that time. Spent most of the
afternoon doing some garden (section) work with the odd look
around the bands.

After sunset things slowly got better, and finished with good runs
back on 15m LP Eu.

Sad thing is I could not work the a EA8 or EA9, saw the spots but
signals were very weak or just not there at all. My "usual easy to
work  Africans", EA8RA,  EC8AUZ and CN8KD did not appear to be
active.

Last year I couldn't find a station in my own continent! but this year
it was easy with 5 VK stations in the log.

    Band      Contacts    Mults

         7              4            1
        14         122          23
        21           87          31
        28           13            4
     Total        228    x    59    x   5 continents = 66,670

Equipment: TS850 - 100w
Antenna: 3el Tribander and 40m GP up 55ft
Software: N1MM

Hope to be on for the CQ WPX, see you all again then.

73, Frank ZL2BR

P.S. SO2R would be waste of time here, in this remote spot on the
globe, a lot of the time we only have propagation on one band to
anywhere else, but there again with a super filtering set up I  could
try SO2R on the same band, S&P on one and CQing on the other,
now that, would be a challenge :-)