[RTTY] HAL ST-5000

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] HAL ST-5000
From: jduerbusch at earthlink.net (joseph duerbusch)
Date: Tue Feb 4 08:47:16 2003
Gert and all, The Hal ST-5000 is a solid state version of the famouse ST-5/AS
(autostart).  It is a low cost entry level terminal unit for rtty that has a
internal 60ma loop to run a tty machine.

To use it for computer operation, you use the FSK output to key the RS-232
input of the computer.  This give you receive.  To transmit, you can either
break the AFSK line inside the ST-5000 and key the afsk with the RS-232 output
of the computer or just key you FSK of the rig with the RS-232 output of the
computer.  Nice terminal unit.  But soundcard rtty or the later Hal terminal
units are soooooo much better.

Joe K0Bx