[RTTY] New K4SB RTTY FRIEND.INI file

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] New K4SB RTTY FRIEND.INI file
From: aa5au at bellsouth.net (Don Hill AA5AU)
Date: Tue Feb 4 16:09:33 2003
Ed, K4SB, has created a new FRIEND.INI file containing 24,821
RTTY callsigns and names.  This is a tremendous effort on Ed's part.
He spent literally hundreds of hours writing a program to generate
the file.

The file is now available from my WriteLog website at
http://www.geocities.com/writelog.

The file is downloaded as friend.zip.  WriteLog users extract the friend.ini
into your
C:\ham\Programs subdirectory if you are using the default WL location.  For
other
programs that use FRIEND.INI refer to the program's instructions.

A big thanks to Ed for this HUGE effort on his part.  I'm waiting on Ed's
permission
to add a link to his E-mail address for corrections.  Please do not send
corrections
to me.  Check the site later to find out what to do about corrections to the
file.

Although I do not use the FRIEND.INI feature in RTTY contesting, I fully
support it's use.  It's not only fun, it's also functional in helping confirm
exchanges
during the contest.

Enjoy the file.  Thanks again Ed!

73, Don AA5AU