[RTTY] New files

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] New files
From: jjreisert at alum.mit.edu (Jim Reisert AD1C)
Date: Wed Feb 5 12:04:40 2003
Ed, we decided a long time when doing the master callsign databases for
CT/NA/TR/WL etc. that we only needed to go back a year, or two at the
most.  So many calls are one-time use or changed/upgraded.  If a guy is a
regular, he'll show up in at least a few logs during the course of a
year.  If not, there is no real point for including that call in the file.

A smaller, more correct file is better than a larger, incorrect
one.  Memory and speed are still issues, even with today's 1 THz
microprocessors that fit on the head of a pin.

73 - Jim AD1C

At 02:56 PM 2/5/2003 +0000, K4SB wrote:

>And I'd like to make a request. In purging the old files, 1 call as old as
>1990 and probably well over 100 dating in the 1994-1998 range. ( all
>DXpeditions which have not repeated )
>
>I have suggested to Don that the current file is hopelessly filled with
>inactive and/or calls which no longer are valid, and that it might be time
>to start a new file.
>
>In this respect, I think if we go back 2 years, we would have a pretty
>good idea of who's who and what's not.

USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com
PGP Fingerprint: D8E2 3D78 339F A7F1 8C13  1193 B5D1 4FB6 79D1 70DC