[RTTY] Ghost of Contests Past?

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Ghost of Contests Past?
From: n1rct at megalink.net (Dick Stevens)
Date: Tue Feb 11 07:30:53 2003
    Yes Charles, it was the ghost of N1RCT in the WPX test, at least it was
N1RCT with a rusty R-7 vertical and 100 watts, which is about the same ...

    I made about 160 contacts using K4CY Logger  .. I was astonished at the
high serial numbers I was seeing ... about 2X what I remember  ... It was
great to hear the old callsigns and I hope to be on the air rag chewing a
bit ... My log of 29,000 RTTY contacts was lost to a virus that wiped out
both hard drives  ... So forgive me if I am slow with a name ..

      The last year has seen a lot of changes in my hobbies .. I broke my
wrist skiing a year ago and with a lot of time on my hands, I bought a
Brittany puppy to train as a bird dog and took up making TV shows for the
local Public Access cable channel.
Brit had a very successful first season terrorizing the local partridge
population and I have made about 40 TV shows.

    I have been doing a lot of tuning around the last week of CW, PSK31,
Pactor, etc and I was once again struck by RTTY being the most fun ... Best
wishes to all and send those logs in  ..

Dick Stevens, N1RCT
Wilton, ME
207 645-4748
n1rct@megalink.net