[RTTY] W0ETC NAQP

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] W0ETC NAQP
From: llindblom at juno.com (Larry L Lindblom)
Date: Sun Feb 23 18:20:58 2003
2003
North American QSO Party     Exchange: LAR IA
                                         80      78 32
                                         40      103 39
                                         20      125 40
                                         15      80 32
                                         10      15 12
                               TOTAL 401 155

  401   QSOs  *   x       155  MULTS=
62155     Claimed Score
TEAM NAME__TCG Dirt Devils______________________________
________________
"I have observed all competition rules for fair and ethical operation
as well as all regulations for Amateur Radio in my country. My
report is correct and true to the best of my knowledge. "

LARRY LINDBLOM, W0ETC
7051 SE 6th Ave.
Pleasant Hill, IA 50327

I operated the contest SO1.1R.  The .1R was the old TS930S running AFSK
(wide filters!) with a R-7 dummy load for the antenna.  It accounted for
all of 12 Qs.  With the wide filters and busy bands tuning a station was
very distracting, frustrating, a almost impossible  So it was of minimal
use.  I got to get the 756 fixed and get it on line if I stand a chance
at doing SO2R.  Also need to get up the 50 ft of R-25 up with a decent
antenna for the 2nd rig.

Things started slow from here and I could never get an extended run going
on 15 or 20.  Ten was only good for a few mults and that was it.  40 and
80 played well, just wish there had been more activity on those bands
after 8:30 PM CST.  Big high was KH6ND on 5 bands with Mike calling me on
80 during my last minute of the contest. Another high is this exceeds my
previous best in this contest by more than 20K.

73 W0ETC