[RTTY] New rttycontesting.com replaces AA5AU WriteLog Website

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] New rttycontesting.com replaces AA5AU WriteLog Website
From: aa5au at bellsouth.net (Don Hill AA5AU)
Date: Wed Feb 26 22:54:53 2003
Officially today, I've acquired the domain rttycontesting.com and have
totally revamped the old AA5AU WriteLog Website.

It's still the same site which a much needed facelift.  It's still dedicated to
RTTY contesting using WriteLog for Windows.  And now there are no longer
any advertisements, no pop-ups, etc.

You can still get to it with http://www.geocities.com/writelog but the new
permanent address is http://www.rttycontesting.com or just
http://rttycontesting.com.

I spent the day reformatting nearly all of the pages to a sleeker look.  The
pages
will now show better on monitors using 800x600 resolution.  I've decreased
the font size on the home page from 18 to 14 and have increased the font size
on the other pages from 12 to 14 for easier viewing.  I've also updated several
of the pages with up-to-date information.  The one set of pages that will be
changed in the near future is the tutorial on setting up DXTelnet with WriteLog
over a LAN.  It's actually much easier than what the tutorial shows now.

I've changed all the backgrounds to reflect the page contents (spent all day
yesterday
figuring these out).

I will finish the rest of the formatting tonight and tomorrow (about 90%
complete now),
then hope to get back to finishing the WriteLog RTTY Starter pages soon.

I'm more committed than ever to helping others get the most out of WriteLog
for RTTY contesting and to assist anyone in getting started on RTTY.  My
personal
RTTY page at http://www.aa5au.com/rtty.html is unaffected by this new domain
and has not changed.  It's a totally different site.

I hope to include more tutorials and information pages in the near future on
rttycontesting.com.  I'd appreciate your time in browsing the new formatted site
and would like to hear some feedback, negative or positive, on the changes.
Your comments are appreciated, but please send them direct to me and not to
the reflectors unless your comments will benefit the group.

Thank you,
Don AA5AU
http://www.aa5au.com
http://www.rttycontesting.com