[RTTY] Icom 706 and HP laptop question

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Icom 706 and HP laptop question
From: k0hzi at attbi.com (Jerry)
Date: Sat Mar 1 06:30:26 2003
Dave,

Maybe an interface like the PSK31 uses and other soundcard modes would
work.  You didn't mention software that your using, but with MixW you
can configure to using either the soundcard (AFSK) or DTR or RTS and a
transistor switch to key the FSK line on the accessory jack of the IC-706.

I had a IC-706 a few years ago and the later method, direct keying
worked well.  Desktop PC, but if the laptop has a RS-232 com port, it
should work.

Jerry - K0HZI