[RTTY] NCJ NA RTTY SPRINT Exchange format

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] NCJ NA RTTY SPRINT Exchange format
From: aa5au at bellsouth.net (Don Hill AA5AU)
Date: Mon Mar 3 21:59:06 2003
Thanks to Jamie, WW3S, for bringing to my attention that the
buffer messages shown on rttycontesting.com for the upcoming
NCJ NA RTTY Sprint do not conform to the suggestions made
in the official rules.

I know this was brought up on the RTTY reflector last year and that
the CW/SSB ops were nice enough to let us RTTY ops know that
there is a reason for using the suggested exchange format.  By using
the exchange format shown in the rules, you can easily identify which
station will keep the frequency and which one will move away.  So you
will know which one to call.

Although I don't think it's as important to use such a format in RTTY
as it is on the other modes, I support the suggestion made in the rules
on the exchange format.  Therefore I will change the format shown in
the exchange RTTY messages on rttycontesting.com to show the
suggested format and explain the reasons why.

I'll try to start rebuilding the page tonight, but tomorrow's Mardi Gras
so need to get to bed early so I can catch the parades tomorrow!

I'll announce when I finish updating the examples RTTY messages for
the NA Sprint.

73, Don
http://www.aa5au.com
http://www.rttycontesting.com